ASP.NET 4.0

Microsoft has two main frameworks to do web development. The older one is the ASP.NET web forms framework. The newer is ASP.NET MVC. Let’s start with the older. The latest changes to ASP.NET web forms makes it easy for HTML to be styled using CSS. It also changes how easy it is to control the identifiers created by the framework.

Now let’s talk a little bit about ASP.NET MVC which is new for version 4.0. This framework in general has been designed to make it easy to test web apps. Big projects can be broken into pieces called areas. The developer divides the project up logically into these areas.

This is just a taste of new things in ASP.NET version 4.0. I am getting into web development myself. When I use the Microsoft tools, I might get heavy into ASP.NET. At that time I will continue to share my findings.